Mainstream media believes in yellow journalism and flaunts key words such as “Murder”, “Sedition”, “Conspiracy”, so on and so forth. On hearing or reading the word “Murder”, the first thought that comes to mind is, a person killing another person by means such as shooting, stabbing, strangling, smothering etc. Satguru Rampal Ji Maharaj has also been accused of “Murder”. It is however imperative to know what
On 17/02/2016, The Punjab & Haryana High Court granted bail to Mr Ram Avtar, one of the accused held in Hisar Jail since the Satlok Ashram Barwala episode of November 2014.
The High Court judgement is a testimony to the blatant lies used by the Haryana Police in framing false and fabricated cases on Sant Rampal Ji and his followers. The judgement is quite comprehensive and can be found at the following link but a concise account is provided below.
False Fabricated Allegations by the Police & Cogent Evidence that Refuted the Police Claims
(Gandhian Dr. S. N. Subba Rao Asked Questions)
While addressing the inmates of Central Jail, Hisar, when Noted Social Worker and Gandhian Dr. S. N. Subba Rao, on completion of the programme, raised the slogan of “Jai Hind”, then thousands of people detained in the jail kept calm and quiet.
Gandhian Dr. S.N. Subba Rao asked, “Hey! What is this?” The people sitting in front told him that we are patriots who raised our voices against corruption, but the Government by declaring “Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj” and us, his disciples,
Disgraceful & Shameful Act by Haryana Government Ministers
This is the latest from BJP led Ministers in Haryana State. The headline says it all. All the cases against Ayra Samaji anti-social elements will be withdrawn by the government. This was publically announced by Rambilas Sharma and Om Prakash Dhankad in an Arya Samaji Maha Samellan held in Rohtak, Haryana on 8/2/15.
Travesty of Justice
If you have “Political Patronage” – Anything is Possible.
The announcement by the Haryana Government Ministers is a direct indication
Unnecessarily Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj has been dragged in this so called “Contempt of Court” case
- Sant Rampal Das Ji Maharaj has been framed in many false cases. Out of those, one case (198/2006) pertains to the dispute of Karontha Ashram.
- In this case, on date 12-02-2014, Session Judge Rohtak granted “Permanent Exemption from Appearance”.
May 2013 – Satlok Ashram Karontha attacked by Arya Samaji Goons
Case Details – 2013 Satlok Ashram attack case
- 2009 – The High Court granted the possession of the Ashram back to the Ashram Trust and Sant Rampal Ji.
- Arya Samajis could not tolerate it and filed an appeal in the Supreme Court.
- February 2013 – Supreme Court dismissed the appeal by Arya Samajis and ordered that the ashram be handed back to Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj.
- April 2013 – Satlok Ashram was handed back to Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj.
- Disciples of Sant Rampal Ji went to clean the ashram which had been unoccupied for 7 years.
- 9th April 2013 – Arya Samaji goons attacked the ashram in defiance of High Court and Supreme Court orders.
- The police intervened and placated the arya samajis goons and assured them about a solution.
- No action was taken by the police or the administration against those who attacked the ashram.
- The Administration and the police had to comply with the court orders so they could not take the ashram back.
- The disciples continued to flock the ashram.
- Arya Samaji goons continued their demand for the ashram to be vacated.
- 29th April 2013 – The disciples of Sant Rampal Ji staged a peaceful protest to voice their concerns against the maltreatment by Haryana Government, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, and the Police in the Satlok Ashram Case.
- 2nd May 2013 – Arya Samaji acharya Baldev openly called for an offensive against the ashram and set the date for 12th of May 2013.
- 3rd May 2013 – Acharya Baldev and his accomplices alleged that the ashram land had been taken by fraudulent means and hence demanded that the ashram be vacated.
- Proceedings went to the court.
- 11th May 2013 – The judiciary gave a verdict that the ashram land is not disputed and hence the ashram cannot be given back to the administration without any solid evidence.
- Arya Samajis planned to continue with their proposed attack on the 12th of May 2013 on Satlok Ashram.
- The court ordered the Deputy General of Police and the Home Secretary to maintain law and order in the area.
- 12th May 2013 – Police was deployed in large numbers to maintain law and order and to protect the ashram from coming under attack
- Police barricaded the Rohtak Jhajhar road to stop any miscreants from reaching the ashram.
- 12th May 2013 – Defying court orders and taking law in to their hand, Arya Samaji goons arrived to attack the Karontha Ashram.
- Police stopped the Arya Samaji goons and supporters far away from the ashram.
- Arya Samaji miscreants and local villagers clashed with the police.
- All this happened a few 100 metres away from the ashram site. Ashram disciples were inside the ashram all the time far away from the clash site.
- There was no clash between the disciples of Sant Rampal Ji and the Arya Samaji perpetrators or the police.
- Clash happened only between the police and the arya samaji attackers.
- 3 people got killed and scores of arya samaji miscreants and police personnel got injured.
- The arya samaji attackers still did not give in and the tussle continued for 3 days.
- Police could not maintain law and order.
- Arya Samajis remained adamant with their demand for the ashram to be vacated.
- Finally the administration issued orders that the ashram be vacated so that the situation could be brought under control as the arya samaji attackers were not willing to relent.
- Sant Rampal Ji ordered the disciples to vacate the ashram in compliance with the administration’s orders.
- The police transferred the ashram disciples from Satlok Ashram Karontha to Satlok Ashram Barwala under tight security.
- Ashram got vacated and a few companies of police force were stationed at the ashram to provide security.
In this whole episode there was no unlawful activity carried out by the ashram disciples.
Arya Samaji attackers could not reach the ashram as they were stopped by the police, so there was no clash between arya samajis and ashram disciples.
During the violent clash between the police and the arya samaji attackers, 3 people got killed and scores got injured.
The strange thing is that no case was registered against the attackers. Video footage shows the arya samaji attackers firing bullets at the police (1.22 in the video below). There were so many police causalities. Scores of police personnel got injured but still nothing was done to check the group leaders or anyone else.
There was gross violation of section 144 by the Arya Samaji attackers and the villagers but still the police couldn’t do anything.
The attackers were breaking the law
July 2006 – Satlok Ashram Karontha attacked by Arya Samaji protestors
Case Details – 2006 Satlok Ashram attack case
- Sant Rampal Ji has a Satlok Ashram in Karontha Village in Rohtak which opened in 1999.
- Sant Rampal Ji has been delivering discourses in the ashram since 1999.
- Sant Rampal Ji enumerated various facts from a book “Satyarth Prakash” written by Swami Dayanand Saraswati which is very dear to the followers of Swami Dayanand Saraswati (Arya Samaji).
- Arya Samaji anti social elements could not tolerate the truth and on 9th July 2006 surrounded Satlok Ashram Karontha. They cut water and electricity supply to the ashram and stopped the movement of anyone to and from the ashram. This continued till 12th of July 2006.
- There were some 4000 people present in the ashram at the time as there was a satsang going on.
- Police had assembled around the ashram but they were mute spectators.
- On 12th July 2006, Arya Samaji miscreants wielding sticks, country made weapons and petrol bombs attacked the ashram at 12.30 pm in the daytime. They threw petrol bombs, pelted stones and made attempts to enter the ashram.
- Police tried to intervene but the anti social elements attacked the police too. A violent clash ensued and an arya samaji perpetrator got killed far away from the ashram. His name was Sonu.
- The Arya Samaji anti social elements kept on attacking the ashram.
- The police security personnel provided to the ashram had to fire in air to disperse the miscreants as they were trying to burn down the ashram and enter it.
- In self defence and to keep the arya samaji perpetrators away, stone pelting was done by ashram inmates as well.
- Police asked for reinforcement and CRPF arrived later and got the ashram vacated.
- Sant Rampal Ji was arrested along with some 50 other ashram inmates.
- Case of Murder was imposed on Sant Rampal Ji. Along with this many other false charges were also framed.
How Justified is the Police and Administration’s action?
- Those who had attacked the ashram roamed free and were even rewarded money by the State Government.
- Those who were attacked (ashram inamtes) were put behind bars along with Sant Rampal Ji and not granted bail for 22 months.
The case is totally unjustified and the allegations have been falsely fabricated.
Court Proceedings so far
- Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) report proved that sonu died from a bullet wound but that bullet was not fired from any weapon belonging to the ashram.
- CFSL report has proved that the bullet wound on deceased body has characteristics that it was fired from a very close range rather than from a distance.
- Finally on 30th April 2008, Sant Rampal Ji was granted bail.
Case is ongoing, hearing are happening, nothing has been proved. The case is losing steam as there are no witnesses and charges can’t be proved but still the allegations remain. All down to corrupt judiciary.