May 2013 – Satlok Ashram Karontha attacked by Arya Samaji Goons
Case Details – 2013 Satlok Ashram attack case
- 2009 – The High Court granted the possession of the Ashram back to the Ashram Trust and Sant Rampal Ji.
- Arya Samajis could not tolerate it and filed an appeal in the Supreme Court.
- February 2013 – Supreme Court dismissed the appeal by Arya Samajis and ordered that the ashram be handed back to Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj.
- April 2013 – Satlok Ashram was handed back to Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj.
- Disciples of Sant Rampal Ji went to clean the ashram which had been unoccupied for 7 years.
- 9th April 2013 – Arya Samaji goons attacked the ashram in defiance of High Court and Supreme Court orders.
- The police intervened and placated the arya samajis goons and assured them about a solution.
- No action was taken by the police or the administration against those who attacked the ashram.
- The Administration and the police had to comply with the court orders so they could not take the ashram back.
- The disciples continued to flock the ashram.
- Arya Samaji goons continued their demand for the ashram to be vacated.
- 29th April 2013 – The disciples of Sant Rampal Ji staged a peaceful protest to voice their concerns against the maltreatment by Haryana Government, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, and the Police in the Satlok Ashram Case.
- 2nd May 2013 – Arya Samaji acharya Baldev openly called for an offensive against the ashram and set the date for 12th of May 2013.
- 3rd May 2013 – Acharya Baldev and his accomplices alleged that the ashram land had been taken by fraudulent means and hence demanded that the ashram be vacated.
- Proceedings went to the court.
- 11th May 2013 – The judiciary gave a verdict that the ashram land is not disputed and hence the ashram cannot be given back to the administration without any solid evidence.
- Arya Samajis planned to continue with their proposed attack on the 12th of May 2013 on Satlok Ashram.
- The court ordered the Deputy General of Police and the Home Secretary to maintain law and order in the area.
- 12th May 2013 – Police was deployed in large numbers to maintain law and order and to protect the ashram from coming under attack
- Police barricaded the Rohtak Jhajhar road to stop any miscreants from reaching the ashram.
- 12th May 2013 – Defying court orders and taking law in to their hand, Arya Samaji goons arrived to attack the Karontha Ashram.
- Police stopped the Arya Samaji goons and supporters far away from the ashram.
- Arya Samaji miscreants and local villagers clashed with the police.
- All this happened a few 100 metres away from the ashram site. Ashram disciples were inside the ashram all the time far away from the clash site.
- There was no clash between the disciples of Sant Rampal Ji and the Arya Samaji perpetrators or the police.
- Clash happened only between the police and the arya samaji attackers.
- 3 people got killed and scores of arya samaji miscreants and police personnel got injured.
- The arya samaji attackers still did not give in and the tussle continued for 3 days.
- Police could not maintain law and order.
- Arya Samajis remained adamant with their demand for the ashram to be vacated.
- Finally the administration issued orders that the ashram be vacated so that the situation could be brought under control as the arya samaji attackers were not willing to relent.
- Sant Rampal Ji ordered the disciples to vacate the ashram in compliance with the administration’s orders.
- The police transferred the ashram disciples from Satlok Ashram Karontha to Satlok Ashram Barwala under tight security.
- Ashram got vacated and a few companies of police force were stationed at the ashram to provide security.
In this whole episode there was no unlawful activity carried out by the ashram disciples.
Arya Samaji attackers could not reach the ashram as they were stopped by the police, so there was no clash between arya samajis and ashram disciples.
During the violent clash between the police and the arya samaji attackers, 3 people got killed and scores got injured.
The strange thing is that no case was registered against the attackers. Video footage shows the arya samaji attackers firing bullets at the police (1.22 in the video below). There were so many police causalities. Scores of police personnel got injured but still nothing was done to check the group leaders or anyone else.
There was gross violation of section 144 by the Arya Samaji attackers and the villagers but still the police couldn’t do anything.
The attackers were breaking the law and causing contempt of court but the police and the administration were helpless. They had to unlawfully impose section 144 in the ashram and then get the ashram vacated to solve the issue. What a travesty of Justice.